Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Because I'm an honest person?

Some people would regard me as a doink. A better word to replace stupid. I feel ouch to call myself that or I'm too vain to admit I'm one. Anyway, I would prefer it if people look as me as an honest person. Yeah, that would be much better.

I went to KLCC again yesterday for their book fest for the second time with May Kay and we were queuing up for the entrance ticket. So I was waiting for my turn while May Kay stand to wait at the back. When the people in front of me left, the girl at the ticket counter gestured me to come forward. She was staring at me with those weird look and said something and I realized she was actually talking to me and since she was speaking Mandarin, I was a little slower at picking up what she said. After awhile, I managed to figure out what she was saying.


me : I want two tickets please


counter girl : If you're below 18 then you don't need to pay

me : Huh? ( i cant hear her well this part 'cuz its kinda a long sentence you see and I wasn't expecting anymore than a 'Thank You' from her)

counter girl : repeated what she said (I think she kinda figured that I can't get her)

Me : Oh, we're both above age already.

counter girl : oh ok. rm4 please.


Sweat. I just realised I could have cheated the counter gal since she was convinced that I look below 18. And not doink enough, I told MK what happened. She too gave me a sweat look, 'U should not have told her ma !' making me even guiltier. I was like 'Only RM2 wert'. But if only I'm not that honest to admit that I'm above age to the counter girl, I would have saved the 2 bucks, right?

After the book fest, we wanted to get 'Roti Boy' just before we leave. So we were queueing up and paid the cashier for our buns but we have to wait as the buns are still in the oven. So then after the buns are ready, another lady packed the buns for us. She was packing the buns in a hurried manner into the paper bags and there was like 5 buns in one bag when she pushed towards me and asked ' Siapa punya 5? you punya? ' Then, I shooked my head and a customer behind me said '2 saya punya'. The bun lady ask me again, ' 3 you punya?' and I shooked my head again, showing her 2 of my fingers. Another customer from the back said it's hers and so, the lady bun passed the bag with 3 buns to her and packed another 2 buns for me.

I could have taken her 5 or 3 buns as she didn't request to check my receipts also. Instead I took 2. MK shooked her head again with the 'aiyo-you-ar, look' But then again, I would have felt a slight twinge of guilt for cheating. At least, at the end of the day, I'm happily home with MY 2 buns.

Doink I may be, but honesty is the best policy, no ?

2 comments:

X said...

haha~!

Doesn't matter d la..

RM2 nia,cheated for what la..

=DDDDDDD

Woman,Should you be proud cause age doesn't match with face?yeah!we are the same.

Come!*HIVE5*

Yvonne said...

haha! high 5! chibi maruko!! XD