Friday, August 14, 2009

Of Anugerah Cemerlang and Family Gathering

My finals are semi over by now, (only FA1 left on 18th and I'll revise that a day or two before) and so I'm finally having time to update my blog on VI Anugerah Cemerlang that I attended on 1st August.

Due to my hard-to die bad habit of procrastination, I forgot to iron my formal wear. And I only remembered at around 8 pm the night before, that I need to iron my clothes. At that point of time I was busy doing dunno what ( facebook i suppose ) and I procrastinated again. And later that night, the was a power failure at my neighbourhood. Serves me right. I waited till 12 plus for that electricity to come back although I was already super sleepy. Luckily it did come back or else I would have to opt for the long sleeve formal wear that require no need of ironing.


Met up with Lai at LRT station at around 8 plus. Then we walked to school together with her friend, Si Yi.



VI stage.
Dato' Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin, the Menteri Wilayah Persekutuan came to give out the awards. His name sounds super Siamese, right? But we didn't even bother to listen to his speeches. We were too busy chatting. Negaraku Song was played at the start of the event. It has really been awhile since I last hear that song. Lol. I did sing that day! And I wasn't just merely lip-syncing, mind you.


Xf, Savin and Pak Yung



The woman doing accounts tutorial which is brought back all the way from the land of paddy field! hardworking-nya.



Another woman studying for her ACCA first assessment



Not my chair ?



Oh yes, I changed my name, my gender and race. The chair I'm sitting at is named Surein Raaj A/L Jeeyabalan , a male Indian. I didn't even sit at my own place. I think cuz it was so far away from my friends. Anyway, I don't think anyone of us really sit at our own place. All main duduk only.



Loong Hui and Atika


Rocky! So disrespectful of us of the whole event. Chatting, laughing and even passing around the one box of Rocky which we managed to hide when a man holding a camera came passing by.



Choir. This year's choir has got some extra 'specialities' in them. The second or third song that they sang; (i don't remember) there were hand actions. Hmm I thought you can only have facial expressions but not body gestures in choir?



Future accountants?


The super freaky high heels. But Amanda claims that it's comfy.


Showing off :)


The guys : Savin, Pak Yung, Tung, Loong Hui, Choon Mun


Vi Brass Band performing

Bangga-lah. We actually stayed right up till the event was over. Lol. Actually we were forced to, as they purposely schedule the STPM award right till the end. Oh, and I got some cash after sitting in the super hot hall the whole morning. Wee !

p.s : credits to Atika for all of the pictures above :)


And at night, we had a family gathering as Yew Koh and family is back from Australia ! =) We had steamboat in Summer Restaurant in Sunway. I didn't take much picture as my family reached there quite late and as soon as I got there, I started eating already. Lil Miss Greedy in action! But I managed to snap a few pictures though, here and there.




The ABC ( Australian-Born-Chinese) He's so cute right?



Sim Ku Cheh with baby Daniel


After a night of entertaining, baby Daniel is fast asleep on his Sharon Jie Jie's shoulder despite the noise.




We were too full towards the end of the night so we went up to the rooftop.



You can actually spot Sunway Pyramid from here.



The Imbi Clan :D


Dad with Samuel. He's Daniel's elder brother. He's adorable too right ? And he speaks fluent English at only age 3.


Indeed it has been a busy day. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my weekend. :)

No comments: