Thursday, September 10, 2009

Second time of pickpocket victim

My phone nearly got stolen again today. Yes. My SECOND TIME! Man, how stupid can I be.

I was waiting for train at KTM after meeting Vic Kie at Mid Valley. The stupid KTM has to take so long to come. So I was kinda losing my patience already as they kept postponing the scheduled time the train is supposed to come. It look me a good 45 minutes of wait before the train finally arrived. As usual, the crowd is unimaginable but this time it's damn damn bad. I, being a civilised passenger queue up to go in the train but suddenly people from the back kept pushing me to the front while the passengers in the train were pushing their way out. So it was extremely and super crowded and I could not even move. I was stuck in between. It's even worst than being in sardine tin. I could not even back out from the crazy crowd. The train was very packed already by then and I was being pushed to the back. Then some train officer blew whistle to push the 'unsuccessful' passenger who didn't manage to enter. I was damn pissed off already by then and when I reflexively put my phone in my pocket to grab my phone, it was gone! In flick seconds!! And I was totally unaware of it. My head was kinda spinning already by then and at that moment, I saw a police officer nearby and I approached him frailly to tell him my phone was gone. I was thinking it must be pointless to tell him, he wouldn't be able to do anything. It's nearly impossible to trace the thief in the middle of the crazy crowd. The police told me to wait, making my heart sink deeper thinking my phone is a total gone case.

However at that time, I saw few other police officers running towards the front of the train. I didn't know what they were up to but all I could do was to follow them since I couldn't get home also. I then saw few policemen struggling vigorously with a man on the train railway. They were trying to handcuff him and shocked him with an electric device. I asked a policewoman next to me and she said that's a thief. I was silently praying that he's the thief to my phone although it does seem rather ridiculous that I can be hoping so highly. Who gets back a phone after it gets stolen? Probably not even one in a million right? This thief could have been pickpocketing someone else's wallets or phones.

The policewoman then asked me to follow her to the opposite side of the train station using the lift. I followed aimlessly, confused and lost on what else I can do. As I got there, the policewoman asked me to wait outside a small room where all the police gathered in there with that bloody thief. And I heard them beating him up inside, whacking his ass off. After a while, a police came out and asked me if I could follow them to make a police report. They were all actually special police patrolling at KTM station. That just shows how high the crime rates are at Mid Valley KTM. I said I want to confirm first if he has really stolen my phone or else it would be a total waste of time to report when this is not even the thief. I told him my phone model and colour and he took out my phone from his pocket, asking is that's my phone. I was overjoyed at the sight of my phone and was so happy that my prayers were answered. I then agreed to follow them back to the police station for a police report. The policeman said that if I do not follow him back for report, they will let the thief off and my phone cannot be taken back so that left me no choice but to follow them back.

We took a train to KL Central where I was then led to a some sort of police office there to take down some of my statements of the incident. The thief was then sent into a room where he was whacked even worst there, what more with more policemen there in that office. I didn't see them whacking him but I could hear him shouting with a moan from outside. I loathe him but at the same time I feel pity for him that he gets beaten up but at the same time I feel that he deserves that kinda punishment.

Then an inspector in that office questioned me and asked me to write an essay of the whole incident. I was flabbergasted. Essay ?? Now ?? It has been kinda long since I read or wrote any BM and here they are asking me to write an essay out. After done scribbling, the police read my essay and they commented on my cacat BM. Wth man. They asked what I got for my BM in SPM. Piff. I got an A ok? They can even answer back "Waa.macam ini dapat A kah?" sweat.
Another kind policeman defended me, saying that I'm in such a state of shock thus, resulting in such poorly written BM.. Hee. at least some nice people to defend me.

After awhile, the thief's family came. His wife, daughter and sister. Apparently the police called his family. I could feel cold stares on me but I dare not really look at them. It feels kinda weird though. Like I'm the villain here, sending the man to lock up when he's clearly the one committing crime.

We then proceeded to Brickfields Police Station for me to make a proper police report. At that time, when the police were all away, the sister of the thief asked me if I could let the thief go. How this people will have the guts to ask me let him go when he has done something so so bad ? Sigh. I feel bad for the family but I couldn't stand being a victim so many times. If he is being let go this time, some other people will be a victim like me. At a point of time I feel kinda guilty also. And my legs were shaking for no reason. I'm afraid that the family will avenge me. Am I being silly? Sigh. And I'm also afraid that the thief will recognise me when he's put from the bars next time. Are all these unnecessary worries?

After some long tedious of waiting and sitting, I finally finished the reporting process. They actually wanted to keep my phone as evidence but I told them I only have one phone so they let me keep it. Crazy. Who will leave the phone to them as evidence? I followed them all the way here to get it back home! The police officer even asked me if I want to whack that thief 99. they offered me cane, and even golf stick. Asked me belasah him 99. Sigh. I ain't that violent. I'm happy enough my phone is back. Although there were some nasty looking scratches, I'm just all glad that I've gotten it back. Thinking back, it still seems so surreal and miracle to me that I'm able to get back a stolen phone. And from now on, I am rejecting every offer to Mid Valley if I were to take KTM there or back. Anyway, I'm already kinda grounded by Dad. And I really appreciate the helps and assistance by the helpful Mid Valley KTM police who has been waiting patiently till bout 10 pm to settle my case. Not to mention, they didn't take any food for the whole day as they are all fasting. That kinda changes my perceptions towards our country's police force. Thanks to all of you, I got back my phone.

In the end of the day, 09.09.09 had not been such a good day after all. It was suppose to be some auspicious day. Well, although it had been rough day for me, it's a relief for me that it turned out well in the end.

Note to my fellow cousins and friends, please be extra careful of your belongings when you're out especially in crowded area. Don't want to hear any of this kinda stories from you all :)

No comments: